Geez, how much more in bed with Obama and the NSA can Facebook get? My suggestion: If you have messenger on our phone delete it. Then re-download it and read the terms of agreement. This is sheer lunacy. Also for those who didn't know this one, check out the video below. This news is actually about 5-7 years old. Notice what the government has made cell phone makers do now? Notice you can't take the battery out?
According to Russian Paper THE RT: To add insult to injury, Facebook made out like bandits when Zuckerberg sold you out! it looks like Obama Inc. made a deal with Zuckerberg so that somehow now FACEBOOK WON’T BE PAYING TAXES ANYMORE. Facebook's coziness with Obama started with censoring pro gun pages a few years back. Then it morphed into censoring Conservative pages in general. NOW,Conservative pages are almost banned.
I used to have 1/3 the number the followers I have now, and used to reach over 11x the number of people I am reaching now. They really have gotten out of hand with the censorship. As if that isn't bad enough, in addition to the copy of your calls on tape at the NSA, iF YOU HAVE FACEBOOK MESSENGER INSTALLED ON YOUR SMARTPHONE, THEN BY VIRTUE OF INSTALLING MESSENGER, YOU GRANTED FACEBOOK THE RIGHT TO RECORD YOUR CALLS AT WILL.
SOMETIMES it pays to actually read the disclosures! Whether you are using Facebook Messenger or not, the app works directly with your phone’s mic, so it makes no difference if the program is in use. In that way it is much like what the government has been doing for years. Most people don’t know even if your phone is POWERED OFF,the government is listening. The only way to STOP them is to remove the battery. Notice how you can’t do that on most phones anymore?
By the way, government has been doing that for 5-10 years now. Only recently did people realize it was not “conspiracy!” Hopefully you knew all that already, so when I tell you NOT ONLY IS FACEBOOK RECORDING YOUR EVERY WORD, THEY ARE ALSO TRACKING YOUR KEYSTROKES. REMEMBER the email you ALMOST sent your girlfriend or wife while drunk, but you deleted it instead?
NEWSFLASH: IT’S STILL ON FILE AT FACEBOOK!
DOESN’T IT MAKE YOU SICK TO LEARN THEY DON’T PAY TAXES NOW TOO!
Also, it stands to reason that if LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT CAN TAP INTO YOUR LAPTOP CAMERA WITHOUT YOU KNOWING AND SPY ON YOU, the NSA and Facebook are doing the same, so I suggest putting your screens down whenever your computer is not in use.
Cellphone users who attempt to install the Facebook Messenger app are asked to agree to terms of service that allow the social networking giant to use the microphone on their device to record audio at any time without their permission.
As the screenshot above illustrates (click for enlargement), users are made to accept an agreement that allows Facebook to “record audio with the microphone….at any time without your confirmation.”
The TOS also authorizes Facebook to take videos and pictures using the phone’s camera at any time without permission, as well as directly calling numbers, again without permission, that could incur charges.
But wait, there’s more! Facebook can also “read your phone’s call log” and “read data about contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you’ve called, emailed or communicated in other ways with specific individuals.”
Although most apps on Android and Apple devices include similar terms to those pictured above, this is easily the most privacy-busting set of mandates we’ve seen so far.
Since the vast majority of people will agree to these terms without even reading them, cellphone users are agreeing to let Facebook monitor them 24/7, green lighting the kind of open ended wiretap that would make even the NSA jealous.
Other app companies are also requiring you to allow them to approximate your location, send SMS messages from your phone that cost you money, read your contacts, read your phone status and identity, get “full network access” to your communications (in other words listen to your phone calls), modify or delete the contents of your USB storage, and disable your screen lock (the 4 digit code that password-protects your phone).
As we have previously highlighted, embedded microphones in everything from Xbox Kinect consoles to high-tech street lights that can record private conversations in real time represent the final nail in the coffin of privacy as the ‘Internet of things’ becomes a part of our daily lives.
Here is a short list of the most disturbing permissions it requires and a quick explanation of what it means to you and your privacy.
- Change the state of network connectivity – This means that Facebook can change or alter your connection to the Internet or cell service. You’re basically giving Facebook the ability to turn features on your phone on and off for it’s own reasons without telling you.
- Call phone numbers and send SMS messages– This means that if Facebook wants to…it can send text messages to your contacts on your behalf. Do you see the trouble in this? Who is Facebook to be able to access and send messages on your phone? You’re basically giving a stranger your phone and telling them to do what they want when they want!
- Record audio, and take pictures and videos, at any time – Read that line again….RECORD audio…TAKE pictures….AT ANY TIME!! That means that the folks at Facebook can see through your lens on your phone whenever they want..they can listen to what you’re saying via your microphone if they choose to!!
- Read your phone’s call log, including info about incoming and outgoing calls – Who have you been calling? How long did you talk to them? Now Facebook will know all of this because you’ve downloaded the new Facebook messenger app.
- Read your contact data, including who you call and email and how often – Another clear violation of your privacy. Now Facebook will be able to read e-mails you’ve sent and take information from them to use for their own gain. Whether it’s for “personalized advertisements” or if it’s for “research purposes” ….whatever the reason..they’re accessing your private encounters.
- Read personal profile information stored on your device – This means that if you have addresses, personal info, pictures or anything else that’s near and dear to your personal life…they can read it.
- Get a list of accounts known by the phone, or other apps you use – Facebook will now have a tally of all the apps you use, how often you use them and what information you keep or exchange on those apps.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.